The House of Representatives recently passed a bipartisan bill to fully fund the Department of Homeland Security, while repealing President Obama’s Executive Action granting amnesty to approximately 5 million illegal aliens.
“Our worst fears have become a reality,” states National Spokesman Steven J. LeBlanc. “And it will only get worse from here, unless Congress steps in to curtail the unilateral actions of a President who views himself as above the law.” Senate Democrats have employed the filibuster strategy to protect the White House from having to veto legislation aimed at curbing his unconstitutional actions regarding immigration.
Both parties are scrambling to find common ground on immigration to avoid a February 27th deadline to fund the Department of Homeland Security. The U.S. Border Security Council has been very active on Capitol Hill identifying the key players in order to make sure that your voices are represented in key negotiations.
“I have reached out to my contacts in Speaker Boehner’s office to make sure that we have the most up to date information,” says LeBlanc. “It’s pretty obvious to all parties involved what the plans of Senate Democrats are: force the shutdown of the Department of Homeland Security before deporting law-breaking illegal aliens,” continued LeBlanc. “And then point fingers and blame the Republicans.”
National Petition Against Amnesty Plus (S. 1)
- Immigration Battle Continues to Rage on Capitol Hill
- U.S. Border Security Council Sparks National Debate on Southern Border and ISIS Terrorists
- House Majority Leader Shocked in Amnesty Related Primary Loss
- Amnesty is Almost Here! Sign Your “No Amnesty” Petition and Help Stop Congress!
- Project Director Represents U.S. Border Security Council Supporters at Key Border Security Hearing